- 1 Linking Aadhaar Card To Your Bank Account
- 2 Additional Benefits Of Linking Accounts
- 3 How To Link Your Aadhaar To Your Account?
- 4 Linking In Person At Your Bank
- 5 Linking At An ATM
- 6 Linking your Aadhaar Card to your bank account By SMS
- 7 Linking your Aadhaar Card to your bank account Online
- 8 Banks That Offer Card Linking
- 9 ICICI Aadhaar Linking
- 10 HDFC Aadhaar Linking
- 11 SBI Adhaar Card Seeding
Linking Aadhaar Card To Your Bank Account
Linking Aadhaar Card To Your Bank Account : Benefits The process of linking your Aadhaar card to your bank account is easy, and also it has many advantages. To find how it is beneficial to you, and how to link aadhar card with the bank, go through the article given below.
The government of India decides to link Aadhaar card with a bank account with the aim to protect Indian citizens and their details from any cheat or fraud. It also minimizes the corruption via linking one identity to all key accounts.
The linking of your aadhar with bank makes perfect sense for security provided by the government. After all, you also want your bank account and all your details to be safe and secure. So to know more about the complete process of linking in the next section with all its benefits, read this article.
Additional Benefits Of Linking Accounts
The main benefits are Security and personal identification of linking accounts but there some other advantages too which are:
- One can access government subsidies, like LPG Gas Subsidy
- An easier way to make payments or withdraw money from pension schemes and insurance plans like PMSBY, APY, or PMJJY.
- Student scholarships
- Commodities subsidies
How To Link Your Aadhaar To Your Account?
The process to link your card to your account is quick and simple to follow. For all major banks of India, a person can link both in four different way, which are:
- In person, in branch
- Using an ATM
Linking In Person At Your Bank
If you want to link your bank account in person, then you have first to visit your bank’s official website and download the form. Or you can also visit the bank and fill the form there with the help of the staff. With the form you have to notice two other things:
One is an original copy of your card and photocopies for verification and submission. Check any other documentation needed to complete the process or not from the website and if needed then take a copy and original documents with you at a bank.
Linking At An ATM
You may think that ATM use for money withdrawal but no you are wrong. Today ATM is used for various purposes, and one of them is for linking account. Still not believe? Here are the steps:
Step 1: Insert your debit card as usual and enter your pin.
Step 2: Search the menu for any of the two option given below. It depends on your bank. You will see either Aadhaar Card Seeding or Link Aadhaar Card Number option on the screen.
Step 3: Choose the option and follow on-screen instruction for more.
Linking your Aadhaar Card to your bank account By SMS
If you don’t want to go anywhere, then another option is SMS. You can link your accounts from your device using the SMS facility. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Find your bank’s unique code and number to send SMS for linking.
Step 2: Your bank will input your details into to system.
Step 3: After verification completes, you will receive a confirmation message via SMS.
Linking your Aadhaar Card to your bank account Online
Most of the banks who allow the option of online banking offers the facility to link aadhar card with a bank account on their website. For that, you have to first register on online banking portal and then log in to your account. Go to the homepage and find the option of ‘Linking’ or ‘Card Seeding.’ at last, follow the on-screen instruction to complete the process.
Banks That Offer Card Linking
The Aadhaar card linking service is available in most of the main banks across India. For example:
- Andhra Bank
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- SBI (State Bank of India)
For each bank, the linking procedure is almost the same. You may find slight variation and different requirements from bank to bank. If you find any problem you can ask us or contact your bank, they will help you and also give you all the information you want. Here are the process and links for some the biggest banks of India with the guide.
ICICI Aadhaar Linking
1. If you are a customer of ICICI bank then here is the link to download the form:
2. First, fill out the form and visit your ICICI bank account branch to link to Aadhaar.
3. At the time of visiting keep your ICICI passbook, original and photocopy of your Adhaar Card or e-Aadhaar.
4. You can also link your card by logging into your online banking service.
5. First, find Customer Service >> Customer Service Requests >> Bank Account Service Requests >> Account Details >> Enter your AC number >> fill other requested details.
6. The linking process will complete.
In case if you have any doubt, then you can go to the link given below to solve your doubts: https://www.icicibank.com/Personal-Banking/steps-to-update-aadhaar.page
HDFC Aadhaar Linking
1. To get the form for link aadhar with a bank account, click on the link given below:
2. One can link accounts by visiting their HDFC account holding branch. Fill the form and keep all the required documents with you including your passbook and aadhar card, original as well as photocopies.
3. Your bank administrators will verify your credentials.
4. If you registered with the HDFC for online banking facility, then you can also link your account online.
5. For that log-in to your account and select Link Aadhaar Card option and complete necessary details option and click ‘Submit.’
SBI Adhaar Card Seeding
1. For linking your aadhar and bank account, click on the link given below:
2. There are four different ways to achieve linking, similar to all other banks, which are:
- In an SBI Branch
- At an ATM
- Bank’s internet banking portal
- By SMS
3. For successfully linking, you need Your Online Bank account credentials, your Adhaar card number, and a registered mobile in case of the online method. For SMS linking you need your bank account details.
It is all about this article. After reading this post, you will know all the benefits of linking it. After all, it is for your convenience and security, and you don’t have to do much for it. What do you think? Share your thoughts with us. Thank you!